Indiana University offers the online Master of Science in Product Stewardship, a degree designed to prepare students for leadership roles in the emerging field of product stewardship. Product stewardship is the responsible management of a product's design, manufacture, sale, use, and disposal to reduce the product's health, environmental, social, and safety impacts while at the same time maximizing economic benefits. It is an emerging and evolving profession which addresses local, national, and global issues related to the environment, worker health and safety, and social accountability as they relate to the design, use and disposal of everyday products. The product stewardship profession is growing and evolving to meet this societal demand.
Specialized product stewardship courses include:
- Fundamentals of Product Stewardship
- Product Hazard, Exposure and Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Affairs for Product Stewardship
- Product Improvement and Sustainability
- Product Stewardship Strategy and Management
This degree is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with an acceptable academic record
- Previous exposure to physical or life sciences is helpful
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission