Indiana University offers the online Graduate Certificate in Health Information Management and Exchange. This program is designed for post-baccalaureate graduates in healthcare degree programs who desire specialized training in information systems, storage, and retrieval.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will
- have a fundamental understanding of secure biomedical information management and exchange.
- possess an advanced level of proficiency with respect to coding, classification, and medical terminologies.
- be proficient with respect to data management, data quality, and data exchange.
- be competitive for careers like EHR implementation analyst within healthcare and public health organizations.
This graduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (with demonstrated technical skills)
- Minimum Overall GPA: 3.0 (4.0 point scale)
- Personal statement
- Three references
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission