Bachelor of Science in Applied Health Science
Indiana University Online
Indiana University offers the online BS in Applied Health Science, a degree that appeals to a wide spectrum of traditional and nontraditional students who have an interest in a health sector career but do not want to pursue clinical degree programs. The program covers the basic technical and applied aspects of health science. Students take courses in health care delivery and leadership, health communication, policy, and ethics; learn about the economics of health care; and receive foundational knowledge in legal matters.
The BS in Applied Health Science is jointly offered by IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This bachelor completion program requires 120 total credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Associate of Science or an Associate of Arts from a regionally accredited institution, or at least 30 credit hours of course work that can be applied toward a university degree.
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 grade scale.
IU Online hosts more than one hundred online degrees, ranging from associate and bachelor programs to doctoral degrees. Students can choose to enroll in one or two online courses, complete a degree, or further education by pursuing a graduate certificate or degree. Studies include, but are not limited to topics in: business and law, computing and technology, education, humanities, recreation, library and museum studies, nursing and healthcare, public administration, public health, and social work.
IU Online manages and lists online degrees and programs for Indiana University's campuses. Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s multi-campus public university system. Other campus locations coordinating through IU Online include:
- Indiana University East (IU East)
- Indiana University Kokomo (IU Kokomo)
- Indiana University Northwest (IU Northwest)
- Indiana University South Bend (IU South Bend)
- Indiana University Southeast (IU Southeast)
Several regional campuses are the result of a partnership with IU and Purdue University, and include:
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Columbus (IUPUC)
While some online programs and courses are hosted individually by the flagship campus or from a single regional location, others are offered jointly through a consortium of campuses. Students will need to locate the program of their choice, and then coordinate with the appropriate campus to determine admission requirements and cost. Tuition and fees may vary from campus to campus.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.