Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (IU East)
Indiana University Online
Indiana University offers the online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, a social science that focuses on the definitions, causes, and prevention of crime, and with legal processes and the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders. This program is designed for students who have specific interests in the study of crime and criminology, law enforcement, crime scene investigation, the courts, correctional administration, probation, parole, or juvenile justice programs.
This program covers the following topics:
- theories about crime
- crime and public policy
- criminal courts
- policing and corrections
- juvenile justice
- the practice of criminal justice
This program prepares you to attend graduate or law school or to assume positions in public and private agencies concerned with crime and its prevention.
This online degree program is hosted by Indiana University - East.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- This bachelor completion program requires 120 total credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- At least 60 semester hours of transferable college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or better, or individuals who have completed an associate degree at the community college level.
IU Online hosts more than one hundred online degrees, ranging from associate and bachelor programs to doctoral degrees. Students can choose to enroll in one or two online courses, complete a degree, or further education by pursuing a graduate certificate or degree. Studies include, but are not limited to topics in: business and law, computing and technology, education, humanities, recreation, library and museum studies, nursing and healthcare, public administration, public health, and social work.
IU Online manages and lists online degrees and programs for Indiana University's campuses. Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s multi-campus public university system. Other campus locations coordinating through IU Online include:
- Indiana University East (IU East)
- Indiana University Kokomo (IU Kokomo)
- Indiana University Northwest (IU Northwest)
- Indiana University South Bend (IU South Bend)
- Indiana University Southeast (IU Southeast)
Several regional campuses are the result of a partnership with IU and Purdue University, and include:
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Columbus (IUPUC)
While some online programs and courses are hosted individually by the flagship campus or from a single regional location, others are offered jointly through a consortium of campuses. Students will need to locate the program of their choice, and then coordinate with the appropriate campus to determine admission requirements and cost. Tuition and fees may vary from campus to campus.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.