Program Overview

Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana offers a Bachelor completion degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Students must complete courses from the following areas: technical specialty, technical electives, management electives, and mathematics. Courses are offered in eight-week formats and are offered completely online.

This program exposes students to the design of mechanical tools, machines, and products. Students learn both theory and application of machine engineering technology. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to have careers in the various processes of mechanical engineering. Applicants should have completed approximately 60 credit hours. In order to graduate, students must complete a minimum of 50 credit hours of upper-division courses (300-400 level).

The technical specialty courses include the following: Engineering Analysis, Applied Mechanisms, Fluid Power Technology, Advanced CAD Concepts, Engineering Design & Management, Strength of Materials, Economic Analysis for Engineering & Technology, Elements of Machine Design, Senior Project, Senior Seminar, Manufacturing Processes and Materials, and Applications of Gaging of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Additionally, all students must complete at least 24 credit hours in the College of Technology, and at least 12 credit hours must be taken with the department. If desired, students can complete the Lean Six Sigma and Packaging minors online.

Similar Programs:

    Program Details

    Degree Level: Bachelor Completion

    Delivery Format: 100% Online

    Accelerated Degree: No

    Accreditation & Licensing

    North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

    The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by ABET/ETAC (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology/Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission).


    An associate of applied science (A.A.S.) or an associate of science (A.S.) in design technology, mechanical engineering technology, or a related major from a regionally accredited college or university.


    Students must be residing in either the United States or Canada, with the exception of U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.

    School Overview

    Located in Terre Haute, Indiana State University first opened as the Indiana State Normal School in 1865 and spent nearly one century educating youths to be teachers. Today, this public campus encapsulates 435 acres with more than eleven thousand enrolled students playing host to students worldwide.

    Indiana State Online offers undergraduate and graduate programs to those interested in continuing their education or advancing their careers. We offer more than 60 programs that can be completed entirely online or with minimal on-campus visits. We also offer a variety of online minors, doctoral and specialist programs, and certificates and licensures to those requiring additional education and training in their degree programs.


    This program has not been ranked.


    Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

    All Programs