Doctor of Nursing Practice
Idaho State University
The online DNP degree program from Idaho State University prepares students to be clinical leaders who influence health care outcomes for individuals and populations using evidence-based application within an evolving health care system. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Assume interprofessional leadership to advance clinical practice and health care delivery to rural and diverse populations
- Integrate nursing science into evidence based care for individuals, families, and communities to improve outcomes
- Incorporate practice initiatives to improve systems of health care delivery
- Advocate policy for health care
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Earned Bachelor of Science (BS in Nursing or BSN) from program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or other nationally recognized accrediting body for nursing education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (calculated based on previous 60 credits of undergraduate coursework) from a Bachelor of Science degree program (BS in Nursing or BSN).
- Evidence of completing a descriptive or inferential statistics course with a C grade or higher within five years prior to start of the academic year of admission to the program.
- Verification of valid and current unencumbered Registered Nursing license.
- Completion of a preadmission interview by the School of Nursing DNP Admissions committee.
- Mandatory attendance at the orientation for the DNP program to be held on the ISU Pocatello campus in August of the year of admission.
Idaho State University was founded as the Academy of Idaho in 1901, and has evolved into a four-year, public university of quality, value, and prestige. Idaho State University faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences pharmacy and business.
ISU offers degrees and certificates at all levels. Students interested in distance education are offered several types of learning courses, including online and video conference. eISU Online offers associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from five of the colleges at ISU.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.