The Bachelor of Science in Human Development is an online psychology degree from Hope International University. This program provides a diverse set of marketable skills and knowledge for individuals interested in the helping professions, including counseling and teaching. The curriculum consists of core courses in Leadership and Ethics with a Christian foundation. Students decide the direction of their degree based on which of the five concentrations they choose to pursue.
- Behavior Psychology focuses on learning and behavior, preparing students to work with clients ranging from those with developmental disabilities to those with mental health issues.
- Community Mental Health and Counseling focuses on preparing students for careers in such areas as mental health institutions, forensic settings, employee assistance, and community-based counseling, and for graduate studies in counseling or social work.
- Family Studies focuses on providing a foundation in family education, including supporting and maintaining healthy families, child growth and development, parenting, communication, family systems and risks, and resiliency factors.
- Addiction Studies focuses on the dynamics that addiction and addictive behaviors have on social and human development, including treatments and relational aspects.
- Graduate Studies focuses on providing an accelerated pathway into the graduate Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling program master’s degrees.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Hope International University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin