Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Hannibal-LaGrange University is designed for the associate degree or diploma RN who desires to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with convenience and flexibility. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Synthesize knowledge derived from nursing, religion, biological, social, and behavioral sciences, humanities, and nursing theory into nursing practice
- Demonstrate nursing leadership behaviors and integrate leadership skills to impact healthcare organizations and management, while influencing healthcare policies and finance, and promote quality improvement processes into the provision of safe nursing care
- Apply effective critical thinking skills and decision-making processes based upon evidence-based practice, scholarly research, and dissemination
- Integrate innovative healthcare technologies, information management, and communication devices, in the delivery of high quality healthcare
- Apply effective communication techniques and collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare providers to promote teambuilding and provide quality healthcare outcomes
- Assess the health of individuals, families, groups, communities, and diverse populations across the life span, with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention, illness care, restoration, rehabilitation, health counseling, education, and spiritual care
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning to promote personal and professional development by maintaining professional development through scholarly activities and maintaining clinical expertise
- Incorporate Christian worldviews for delivering compassion, human dignity, ethical reasoning, altruism, equality, integrity, and culturally sensitive care to meet the needs for diverse types of patients
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
This bachelor completion program requires 126 credits for completion, including transfer and experiential credits.
- Major program requirements: 36 credits
- Completion of an ASN degree or a diploma program with a CGPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- Official transcript(s) from all previously earned university and/or nursing credits
- An active, valid, unencumbered license to practice as an RN
- Meet general admission requirements for the university
Located in Hannibal, Missouri, Hannibal-LaGrange University (HLGU) is a private Christian college affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention. Founded in 1858 in LaGrange, Missouri, the campus moved downriver to Hannibal in 1928. Hannibal-LaGrange University’s vision is to evolve into one of the foremost Christian institutions of higher education in Missouri and the surrounding region. HLGU’s mission is "to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness."
Hannibal-LaGrange offers over 34 majors on the baccalaureate level. Several preprofessional programs are available on the associate level as well. Many general education classes are offered in an online setting. Most of the online courses are three-credit-hour courses that are taken in an eight-week timeframe. These online courses provide adult learners with an opportunity to advance their education and career at their own convenience. Certain online programs are also available in order to prepare students for personal and career effectiveness.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.