The Master of Science in Counseling from Gwynedd Mercy University is an online counseling degree that prepares individuals to help others through difficult times or when learning to manage mental illness. The curriculum uses a scientist-practitioner model with courses that promote the skills and knowledge needed for certification and licensure as competent entry-level counselors. Courses stimulate your critical thinking faculties, reflective practice, and overall professional competence through rigorous academic and clinical training. Students learn to act as competent, ethically motivated entry-level counselors in various practice settings that include community mental health, primary and secondary schools, and higher education.
- Establish a counseling identity
- Demonstrate multicultural sensitivity, knowledge, and competency
- Use evidence-based intervention and assessment techniques
- Engage in advocacy activities
- Exhibit a strong, consistent counseling disposition
- A baccalaureate degree
- GPA of a 3.0
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- This degree combines online courses with two weekend residencies and field experiences.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education