Offered by the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, the Bridge (Master of Science in Nursing with an Emphasis in Public Health) program allows experienced RN's with a non-nursing bachelor's degree to embark on the road to earning an MSN public health degree. Upon completing foundational nursing courses from the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you will then enter the MSN program which offers an intensive introduction to key skills and concepts in public health analysis, planning and implementation. As an MSN bridge program student, you will experience a six-course program of study in nursing upper division level subject matter. You will learn to:
- Assess learning needs, create and implement a curriculum plan and evaluate student achievements in both traditional and nontraditional settings
- Innovate prevention, treatment and intervention methods for diverse populations
- Interpret statistics in order to make decisions
- Conduct research relevant to the nursing and healthcare industry
- Disseminate nursing-related information and policies to students with differing backgrounds
- Utilize assessment and pathophysiology to enhance patient outcomes
Grand Canyon University © 2020– All Rights Reserved. For the most up-to-date information about admission requirements, tuition, scholarships and more, visit gcu.edu. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment. GCU, while reserving its lawful rights in light of its Christian mission, is committed to maintaining an academic environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. Further detail on GCU’s Non-Discrimination policies can be found at gcu.edu/titleIX.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Grand Canyon University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- The MSN bridge program curriculum includes six courses developed to bridge the gap from bachelor- to master's-level study.
- Designed for RN's who have bachelors degrees in a field outside of nursing who want to earn their MSN.
- Possess a current unencumbered, unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN)