Grand Canyon University offers a Bachelor of Arts in English for Secondary Education, which is an accredited degree program that prepares aspiring English teachers to meet the challenges of the modern secondary education classroom. Students in the program will learn effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to think critically about texts of varying media. Future secondary educators will learn how to best handle major issues that are central to adolescent learning development.
Learning outcomes for aspiring teachers include:
- Creating developmentally appropriate learning curriculum
- Making content meaningful to students, and guide them in critical thinking and problem-solving
- Using diverse instructional methods and strategies
- Pursuing professional development and collaborate with key education stakeholders
Grand Canyon University © 2020– All Rights Reserved. For the most up-to-date information about admission requirements, tuition, scholarships and more, visit gcu.edu. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment. GCU, while reserving its lawful rights in light of its Christian mission, is committed to maintaining an academic environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. Further detail on GCU’s Non-Discrimination policies can be found at gcu.edu/titleIX.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- *Residents from Mississippi require an associate’s degree or higher for admission
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission