The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Georgia Southern University is designed exclusively for individuals who are currently registered nurses and wish to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to achieve professional advancement and personal enrichment. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply core knowledge and problem-solving principles in evidenced-based decision-making to provide therapeutic nursing care within a health promotion framework
- Assume responsibility and accountability for professional nursing roles
- Apply scholarly inquiry and analysis for decision making, critical reasoning, and creative thinking to improve nursing practice, thereby enhancing healthcare outcomes
- Incorporate caring, compassion, and empathy in all aspects of nursing practice
- Develop collaborative partnerships to promote, maintain, and restore health
- Apply leadership principles in nursing practice
- Demonstrate competence incorporating healthcare information and technology in providing nursing care
This bachelor completion program requires 120 credits for completion including transfer credits.
- RN to BSN major courses: 31 credits
- Official transcript(s) for all college course work attempted
- Received an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited institution
- Current Georgia RN Licensure*
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all course work attempted
- Completed all pre-requisite courses
*The state of Georgia is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). Students with RN licensure other than Georgia should inquire about acceptance of their state's license prior to applying.
Students must attend a mandatory on-campus School of Nursing orientation.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges