Georgia Southern University offers the online Master of Accounting. This program provides individuals with the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree without disrupting their personal and work lives. Graduates of this program are prepared for careers in public accounting and consulting, and generally seek employment as Certified Public Accountants.
Graduates of this program should be able to:
- effectively communicate accounting and other information orally and in writing.
- recognize cultural diversity and its impact on the accounting profession.
- analyze financial and other accounting information for decision making.
- understand the global economy and its accounting implications.
- apply professional ethics in the accounting disciplines.
- utilize information technology in completing their work.
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An undergraduate degree in accounting is not mandatory; however, applicants will not be considered for admission until they meet the prerequisite requirements
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of professionalism and proficiency in accounting through coursework, internship or work experience, and extracurricular involvement
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Professional resume
- Personal statement
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges