The online BSN to DNP degree program from Georgia Southern University provides post-BSN students with a convenient and efficient path to pursuing their DNP degree, with clinical tracks in either Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric / Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Develop advanced clinical practice expertise to affect positive health care outcomes with individuals, families, populations, and systems, particularly in rural and underserved areas
- Evaluate theory and research for the application of evidence-based practice to health care provided by advanced practice nurses
- Employ critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in the application of advanced practice nursing knowledge to develop plans of care that promote health, reduce risk, and manage the illness trajectory
- Employ effective communication and technology within the multidisciplinary collaborative context of advanced practice nursing
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, advocacy, consultation and citizenship activities to improve health care delivery and effect change in professional and political realms
- Incorporate human caring values, ethical principles, and cultural and spiritual sensitivity in all aspects of the advanced practice nursing role
- Demonstrate role responsibility and accountability in all professional endeavors within the scope of advanced practice nursing
- A BSN degree in the proposed field of study or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 (on 4.0 scale)
- Vitae to include: Personal rationale for seeking DNP, Future goals, Education, Research experience, Publications (identify refereed), Professional presentations (identify refereed), Community service projects
- Certification in a specialty area for all NPs. For all others, appropriate certification in specialty area, if available.
- Georgia resident with an unrestricted and current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply and obtain a Georgia RN license.
- Current malpractice liability insurance
- American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges