Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
Georgia Southern University
The online BSN to DNP degree program from Georgia Southern University provides post-BSN students with a convenient and efficient path to pursuing their DNP degree, with clinical tracks in either Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric / Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Develop advanced clinical practice expertise to affect positive health care outcomes with individuals, families, populations, and systems, particularly in rural and underserved areas
- Evaluate theory and research for the application of evidence-based practice to health care provided by advanced practice nurses
- Employ critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in the application of advanced practice nursing knowledge to develop plans of care that promote health, reduce risk, and manage the illness trajectory
- Employ effective communication and technology within the multidisciplinary collaborative context of advanced practice nursing
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, advocacy, consultation and citizenship activities to improve health care delivery and effect change in professional and political realms
- Incorporate human caring values, ethical principles, and cultural and spiritual sensitivity in all aspects of the advanced practice nursing role
- Demonstrate role responsibility and accountability in all professional endeavors within the scope of advanced practice nursing
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A BSN degree in the proposed field of study or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 (on 4.0 scale)
- Vitae to include: Personal rationale for seeking DNP, Future goals, Education, Research experience, Publications (identify refereed), Professional presentations (identify refereed), Community service projects
- Certification in a specialty area for all NPs. For all others, appropriate certification in specialty area, if available.
- Georgia resident with an unrestricted and current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply and obtain a Georgia RN license.
- Current malpractice liability insurance
- American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation
Since 1906, Georgia Southern University's hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With degree programs at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a Carnegie Doctoral-Research university and provides the classic residential campus experience and online learning options.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.