Current RNs can advance their career by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Nursing through this online RN to BSN program from Georgia Highlands College. Courses can be completed on the student’s schedule while working, and the program can be completed in as few as three semesters full time.
The program seeks to develop professionals skilled in leadership, management, and evidence-based practice to improve healthcare outcomes. Students will learn about the impact of political, financial, regulatory, and environmental agencies on patient care and nursing practice. Graduates will be well educated on how to develop health promotion and disease prevention strategies to help individuals, families, groups, and communities.
Topics studied as a part of this degree program include:
- Concepts of professional nursing
- Health assessment
- Foundations of nursing research
- Community health nursing
- Leadership and management
- Requires an on-site orientation before starting the program
- Must have an associate's degree or diploma in Nursing
- Must hold a valid RN license
- Immunizations, background check, drug screen required
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges