An online bachelor’s degree in Health Science can help students advance their current healthcare careers, transition to a new profession, or prepare for graduate programs. Graduates will be well prepared to provide crucial information to improve the health of all individuals.
The program equips students with the skills and knowledge necessary to direct and supervise health education programs and collaborate with medical staff and community members. Students will develop skills in problem solving, interpretation and evaluation of health information, and statistical approaches to data evaluation. Courses are designed with the goal of producing graduates who are capable of performing, developing, evaluating, correlating, and assuring the accuracy and validity of health programs and information.
Classes include discussions of topics such as:
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Theories and behavior in health education
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Healthcare and diverse cultures
- Interprofessional collaboration
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Georgia Highlands College is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants without the minimum enrollment credits can apply to one of the school's online associate's pathway degrees.