An online bachelor’s degree in Health Science can help students advance their current healthcare careers, transition to a new profession, or prepare for graduate programs. Graduates will be well prepared to provide crucial information to improve the health of all individuals.
The program equips students with the skills and knowledge necessary to direct and supervise health education programs and collaborate with medical staff and community members. Students will develop skills in problem solving, interpretation and evaluation of health information, and statistical approaches to data evaluation. Courses are designed with the goal of producing graduates who are capable of performing, developing, evaluating, correlating, and assuring the accuracy and validity of health programs and information.
Classes include discussions of topics such as:
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Theories and behavior in health education
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Healthcare and diverse cultures
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Minimum math/science GPA of 2.0
- At least 40 hours of eligible transfer credits
- College transcripts
- ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges