Master of Science in Health Informatics
Learn at the intersection of healthcare, technology, and data science with George Mason University's online Master of Science in Health Informatics. Offered through the College of Health and Human and Services, the program prepares students to specialize in health data analytics. Experienced faculty and immersive projects familiarize students with new technologies and prepare them to analyze, design, and manage evolving health information systems for a wide range of clinical, administrative, and research purposes. Graduates enter an emerging job market with an in-depth understanding of healthcare systems, health data, information, and policy. The program focuses on data analysis skills directly applicable in health care.
Our evidence-based curriculum is designed to develop your proficiency in the competencies necessary for success in health informatics and health data analytics. The content is routinely assessed and adjusted in response to dynamically changing healthcare and technology fields by:
- Demonstrated student proficiency
- Evidence of alumni career success
- Purposeful guidance of the employers we serve
- Renowned faculty through executive healthcare technology experience, research, and consulting
Why Choose Mason's MS in Health Informatics?
- It's in Candidacy Status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Online delivery format provides flexibility and accessibility for working professionals everywhere
- High-quality faculty with deep experience in both research and industry
- Outcomes-focused program through competency-based education
- Competitive price point for tuition
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to be considered.
- Official transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Expanded Goals Statement
George Mason University is Virginia's largest public research university. Located near Washington, D.C., Mason enrolls more than 33,000 students from 130 countries and all 50 states. Mason has grown rapidly over the past half-century and is recognized for its innovation and entrepreneurship, remarkable diversity, and commitment to accessibility.
George Mason University is an innovative and inclusive academic community committed to creating a more just, free, and prosperous world.
Mason Online refers to the online learning experiences offered that may be completed at home, while stationed abroad, or while traveling. The online courses will maintain the same academic rigor and integrity as their campus-based counterparts, providing students with an active and collaborative learning environment while offering greater flexibility to fit a student's needs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.