The Master of Science in Recreation and Parks Management at FSU is anchored by the philosophy that master’s students will best advance their expertise through the leadership and direction of current upper-level professionals. FSU's faculty are recognized leaders in the field and provide “real world” exposure to the various challenges that managers in the field face in today’s competitive and changing environment.
The 30-credit hour curriculum is designed to fit the busy lifestyle of the Park and Recreation professional in the following ways:
- Entirely online
- 7 week courses (two courses per semester, one course at a time)
- Course sequence allows completion in less than two years
- Affordable tuition
Professional Experience: The program is designed for professionals with experience in the parks and recreation field. Generally, there are three avenues of entry into the program.
- You should have three years of professional experience in the park and recreation field
- Students with a minimum of three years professional experience in allied fields who are interested in making a career shift may also apply
- Although the program is designed for professionals working in the field, a limited number of recent graduates from baccalaureate programs may be admitted based on the professional experiences of the applicant and on the composition of the students currently in the program
Application also requires:
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of career goals
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education