Post Doctoral Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner
East Carolina University
The online Certificate in Family NP program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to assess, diagnose, and manage common acute and chronic health problems for patients from childhood throughout the senior years. Graduates are prepared to fill a variety of nursing roles in various health care settings.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- One official transcript from each college or university attended.
- An earned Master of Science in Nursing and an earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nursing with evidence of completion of graduate level pathophysiology, pharmacology and advanced physical assessment courses from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited school.
- Grade-point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all graduate work.
- Evidence of current unrestricted RN licensure from North Carolina or a National Council of State Boards of Nursing compact state.
- A graduate statistics course which includes inferential statistics within the past 5 years is recommended.
- A graduate research methodology course.
- GRE requirement waived for those with an earned MSN.
- Written statement of personal career, educational, and scholarship goals.
- Three written professional references.
- A current curriculum vita.
- A representative E-portfolio.
- An online interview via Interview Stream to include a discussion of the student’s practice interests/career goals and research.
Not all programs may be approved in every state. Students should check for state authorization prior to enrollment.
East Carolina University is a public research university located in Greenville, North Carolina. Founded in 1907, East Carolina University began as the East Carolina Teachers Training School. Today, ECU is the second largest university in North Carolina.
Students at ECU can earn their degrees in a variety of subject areas. These fields of study include dance education, finance, biochemistry, instructional technology, management and many others. At ECU students can earn degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level in addition to post-secondary certificates.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.