The online DNP degree program enables graduates to transform the health care delivery system and design new systems to improve the context in which health care is offered. Students learn to function from a strong evidence based foundation, effectively assessing health care policy, organizational effectiveness, and economic trends in health care to design new models for patient care services.
- Master's degree in Nursing in an advanced nursing practice specialty from a CCNE or ACEN accredited program is preferred, other candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Certification as an advanced practice nurse, if applicable.
- Official letter or transcripts with validation of clinical hours completed in master's program
- 3.5 minimum GPA
- Current unencumbered license as an RN
- Prerequisite coursework may be required
- Phone interview
School Accreditation Statement
Duquesne University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) — an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.