A Library Technical Services Certificate can prepare students for behind-the-scenes positions in library environments. Technical services employees specialize in selecting, procuring, and cataloging library materials.
Students will learn how to evaluate library mission statements and conduct needs analysis using selected criteria to complete collection development and acquisition activities. Courses explain how to select the appropriate MARC record, search OCLC, and use search strategies for various electronic resources.
Classes examine topics including the following:
- Library information resources and services
- Library collection development and acquisition
- Library cataloging and classification
- Electronic library databases
- Cataloging non-print materials
- Internet and web fundamentals
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Students need a qualifying GPA, official test scores or complete on-campus placement tests.