Take the next step in your library career with a Library Management Certificate. Courses examine general management roles and responsibilities as well as issues specifically related to library services.
Students will learn about effective patron service, automated circulation systems, statistics and reports, and security. Emphasis is placed on public relations, problem solving, and communication skills. Graduates will be well equipped with skills in supervision, delegation, time management, conflict resolution, training and coaching, leadership, and decision making.
Courses in this certification program include topics such as:
- Introduction to libraries
- Library collection development and acquisition
- Library public service operations
- Library management
- Human resource management
- Customer service
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Students need a qualifying GPA, official test scores or complete on-campus placement tests.