CCCC offers students an online Library Basics Certificate. This four-course program prepares graduates for entry-level positions in library settings.
Students will learn the roles libraries play in society and the importance of literary and intellectual freedom. Courses explore how to use various resources to answer questions from patrons. Other skills gained from this program include collection development and acquisition, compiling reports from statistical data, processing interlibrary loans, and creating displays.
Courses included in this certificate program are:
- Introduction to libraries
- Library information and resources
- Library collection development and acquisition
- Library public service operations
- Official high school or GED transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges