CCCC offers students an online Library Basics Certificate. This four-course program prepares graduates for entry-level positions in library settings.
Students will learn the roles libraries play in society and the importance of literary and intellectual freedom. Courses explore how to use various resources to answer questions from patrons. Other skills gained from this program include collection development and acquisition, compiling reports from statistical data, processing interlibrary loans, and creating displays.
Courses included in this certificate program are:
- Introduction to libraries
- Library information and resources
- Library collection development and acquisition
- Library public service operations
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Central Carolina Community College is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Students need a qualifying GPA, official test scores or complete on-campus placement tests.