Pursue the highest level of your psychology education. Capella’s online Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology program prepares you for state licensure eligibility as a clinical psychologist. This PsyD program is designed for you to enroll with either a master's or bachelor's degree. Regardless of the level at which you enter the program, you'll receive comprehensive clinical training, preparing you to provide services in psychotherapy, psychological testing, mental health counseling, research, and teaching in higher education.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Three in-person, 4-day residency experiences are required.