MS - Reading and Literacy
This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Master's in Reading and Literacy program prepares you to assess and adapt curriculum for diverse learning styles. Capella is unique among online universities in offering a program that is state-approved – which is a requirement in some states.
As part of Capella's Professional Education Unit, this program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
With your Master's in Reading and Literacy from Capella, you'll learn to instruct through the use of reading and literacy strategies for student achievement and integrate research and theory in practice. Additionally, you'll be able to integrate reading and literacy assessments to improve student achievement and demonstrate the professional dispositions of a teacher of reading.
Common jobs with an online Master's in Reading and Literacy include adjunct or part-time faculty, P–12 teacher, reading specialist, reading or literacy coach, coordinator of reading or literacy program, adult basic education director or curriculum specialist. Potential workplaces include: P–12 public school, P–12 private school, alternative school, land-based or online college or university, charter school, nonprofit organization or continuing education program.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$453.00
Out of State Rate:$453.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$20,385.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$20,385.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants in this Specialization are required to complete the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE), which is a requirement for licensure in the state of Minnesota. Students must complete the MTLE prior to enrolling in the practicum course.
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The Professional Education Unit (PEU) at Capella University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org. This accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs at Capella University. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to K–12 educators for professional development, relicensure, or other purposes.
This program is restricted in the following state(s): Kentucky & Arkansas
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com