This online Master’s in Nursing Leadership and Administration provides you with the critical skills and knowledge required to make a bigger impact on health care policies and practices. The flexible nature of the program ensures that you’re only a click away from your course room, with support services available every step of the way.
This nursing administration degree is part of Capella's CCNE-accredited MSN program and includes a hands-on Practice Immersion which incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing. Successful graduates of this nursing administration degree are often nurses pursuing nurse management and executive roles. Additionally, Capella is a proud partner of the American Nurses Association. ANA has chosen Capella as a partner on the ANA Leadership Institute, providing nurse leadership development in a flexible format for nurses at the bedside or in the boardroom.
- Save Time and Money: There are a multitude of saving options available including employer discounts and military benefits, as well as the flexibility to choose up to 3 courses per quarter.
- Practice Immersion: In addition to your other coursework, the Master’s in Nursing Leadership and Administration program includes a flexible practice immersion, allowing for the immediate applicability of the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Online Learning: At Capella, you will enjoy the flexibility of earning your Master’s in Nursing Leadership and Administration degree on a schedule that fits your life. As everything is taught 100% online, you will have 24-hour access to your course room.
- Professionally Aligned: Capella’s competency-based education focuses on outcomes desired by today’s employers. You will develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to make change in the lives of your patients.
With your Master in Nursing Leadership and Administration, you'll learn to build high quality healthcare organizations that meet compliance and regulatory standards, create organizational cultures that support quality patient care and integrate nursing leadership theory and management skills to foster and promote ethical and legal health care delivery systems.
Common jobs with an online Master in Nursing Leadership and Administration include emergency department director, nursing executive, nursing faculty, director of nursing, chief nursing officer, head nurse or wellness program director. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, home health care agency, community or technical college, land-based or online college or university or hospital-based school of nursing.
RN license verification required. Capella University nursing programs are not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Applicants must have a BSN degree from an accredited institution.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current, unrestricted RN license to practice in the United States (or its equivalent).
- One year of licensed RN work experience or current employment as an RN.
- Completion and submission of the RN License Verification Form.
- Arkansas residents must complete Arkansas general education requirements.
- RN license verification required.
- This program is not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.