Capella University’s Master’s in Digital Forensics program prepares information security professionals for performance-effective computer forensics and the legal challenges associated with conducting computer forensics investigations.
The core curriculum in this program includes and expands on the International Organization for Standardization ISO 27001 and includes the domains of knowledge represented in several leading security certifications, including CISSP®.
The Master’s in Digital Forensics program is designed around industry standards and provides students with the foundational information that contributes to the knowledge required to sit for the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM) and Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) exams.
Capella University has been designated as a National Security Agency/Department of Homeland Security National Center of Excellence for Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) for the academic years 2012–2017.
With your master’s in Digital Forensics from Capella, you'll prepare to lead or consult in the practice of investigating incidents involving information technology assets and data in a variety of professional settings.
Common jobs with an online master’s in Digital Forensics include senior digital forensic examiner, digital forensics analyst, computer forensics analyst, information risk consultant – digital forensics, information security analyst, cyber security forensic specialist, cybercrime forensics analyst, cyber security manager, computer forensic and malware analyst, consultant (forensics/cyber security), chief security officer, or chief information security officer.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution