You’ll become an innovative leader in Reading & Literacy within your school district or in adult education with the skills you acquire in this online EdD at Capella. As a professional educator, you can bring about significant change within your district or school system as you lead literacy programs. This online doctorate focuses on applied research in solving organizational problems and becoming a literacy advocate across a broad spectrum of students and educators. You’ll work closely with dedicated Capella faculty as you carry out a capstone project and take classes such as:
- Reading and Literacy Assessment, Evaluation, and Decision Making
- Meeting Diverse Literacy Needs in School and Community Context
- Leading and Managing Literacy Programs
- Grant Writing for Reading and Literacy Programs
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- This degree requires an approved master's degree in Reading and Literacy or a related field and a license to teach.
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.