EdD - Reading and Literacy
This program is not designed for teacher certification, licensure or endorsement.
Capella University's online Doctor of Education (EdD) program positions you to help students succeed in reading and literacy. Designed around national education standards in the field, this program is one of few available online.
The curriculum covers such topics as program development and management, assessment and evaluation, data-driven decision making, and district, state, and national policies that can affect how reading is taught. In addition to online coursework, field experiences provide opportunities to apply your newly gained knowledge in diverse educational settings and identify a reading and literacy challenge to address in an action dissertation project.
With your EdD in Reading and Literacy from Capella, you'll possess knowledge of the foundations of reading and writing processes and instruction and be able to work successfully with diverse learners, their families, and other professionals. Additionally, you will use a wide range of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials to support, plan, and evaluate reading and writing instruction.
Common jobs with an online EdD in Reading and Literacy include learning center director, faculty member, reading or literacy coach, adult basic education director, curriculum specialist or program coordinator. Potential workplaces include: P–12 public or private school, community or technical college, land-based or online university, state education department, nonprofit organization, government agency or research and policy organization.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$690.00
Out of State Rate:$690.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$48,300.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$48,300.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master's degree in Reading and Literacy or a related field from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or internally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Admission to the Reading and Literacy specialization requires learners to complete and submit the Cohort Auto-Registration Form and the Teaching License
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
The Professional Education Unit (PEU) at Capella University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org. This accreditation covers advanced educator preparation programs at Capella University. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P–12 educators for professional development, relicensure, or other purposes.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com