A CPA is the most sought-after accounting designation. With this accounting degree program, you’ll start on the path to your CPA while earning a respected, foundational business degree.
This pathway lets you tailor your program to your state’s CPA requirements and offers personalized guidance from Capella’s team of experienced licensure counselors.
To support your goals even after you earn your degree, Capella has partnered with Roger CPA Review to offer its industry-leading CPA exam-prep course at a significant discount.
With your Accounting CPA pathway from Capella, you’ll learn fundamental accounting concepts—budget analysis, investment planning, internal control audits, and more—and gain knowledge in emerging areas that impact the profession today, including accounting ethics, forensic accounting, and international accounting.
Common jobs with an online accounting degree and CPA license include: public, tax or forensic accountant, auditor, tax, financial, or risk manager, consultant, fraud investigator, and escrow officer. Potential workplaces for accountants with a CPA license include: corporations, non-profit, multinational firms, government agencies, accounting firms, banks, and financial service companies.
Furthermore, Capella University has teamed with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to offer business students full digital access to the most timely, relevant business news, enhancing your academic experience and giving you a competitive edge in your career.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations.