This bachelor’s in Sociology online is unique in that it focuses on Social Deviance, actions that violate social norms. This includes a range of behaviors such as drug and alcohol addiction, child abuse and neglect, elder abuse, domestic violence, and more.
Students will gain an in-depth understanding of societal variables that exist, influence, and change based on social, cultural, and political influences. This online sociology degree provides students with a basic interdisciplinary framework of how social deviance is a concept of difference and diversity and how it is related to important social issues. Graduates will learn how to treat, understand, and influence change related to social deviance.
Graduates will be prepared for careers in fields such as:
- Corrections, probation, and parole
- Drug, alcohol, and addiction treatment
- Mental health case management
- Children and youth services
- Victims’ advocate
- Veterans’ services
- High school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts
- SAT/ACT test scores (waived for applicants who have been out of high school for at least two years)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education