Health care reform and concerns about public health have drawn attention to the importance of teaching individuals and communities about healthy lifestyles. The online Certificate in Health Education is a health education program designed to train you to participate in or lead health promotion activities, initiatives and programs for communities, private companies, schools and other settings. Examples of topics can include smoking cessation, nutrition and obesity, prenatal care, exercise, depression and mental health, and sexually transmitted diseases.
The certificate requires the successful completion of four courses. It can be taken as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with the online Master of Public Health program.
- You must have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- A GRE waiver is available to students who qualify
- Official, sealed copies of your transcripts from any and all previously attended colleges and universities, mailed to the address below
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references
- Resume detailing your professional work experience
- Letter of Intent
Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission