Barry University offers the online Doctorate in Occupational Therapy. This program is designed for certified occupational therapists who wish to advance their education beyond the master’s level. The curriculum includes core courses in the areas of theories of practice, research and leadership, as well as interdisciplinary electives in advanced areas of health service delivery and a culminating scholarly project or “capstone” project.
This program includes practical experience working with mentors in advanced areas of interest such as specialized clinical practice, research, administration, leadership, or instruction.
- Be a Certified OTR with a minimum of an earned MS degree from regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution
- Graduate GPA of 3.2 or better (4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory GRE score
- Personal statement
- Minimum of 6 months clinical experience post-graduation and/or certification
- Acknowledgment of competence in use of distance technology
- English language proficiency (TOEFL scores if applicable)
- Three professional letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges