The Bachelor of Public Administration degree from Barry University allows you to receive college credit for your existing professional skills while providing the administrative and leadership abilities necessary to succeed in public and nonprofit organizations. The program is designed to help adult professionals achieve their educational, professional, and personal goals.
Courses explore ways public administrators can create and implement policies to help build and strengthen communities. Students also gain knowledge of public finance and budgeting, issues in public safety, public personnel practices, and ethical issues in public administration. Graduates will have the training and skills necessary to manage a variety of public agencies.
The curriculum includes studies of:
- Administrative law and process
- Productivity improvement in the public sector
- Methods and techniques in public administration
- Concepts and issues in public planning
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Barry University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of work experience or be an active military member or veteran.