The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Ball State University emphasizes care in community settings for women and children in need, as well as other vulnerable populations. The curriculum integrates physical, psychosocial, and nursing science with the fine arts and humanities for a balanced, holistic education. Nursing coursework covers topics such as:
- Health Assessment
- Community Health
- Management & Leadership
If the field you are studying requires professional licensure, make sure you are aware of license requirements within the state in which you wish to work.
This is a bachelor completion program. 120 total credits are required, including transfer and major requirements.
- Online nursing requirements: 20 credit hours, plus clinical hours
- Be a graduate of a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Provide evidence of current unencumbered state RN licensure in your state of practice
- Earned an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale in a basic nursing program or a 2.75 GPA. Or, achieve a 2.75 GPA or higher after the completion of 16 credit hours at Ball State
- Successfully completed all nursing prerequisites or transfer equivalents
- Successfully completed all university core curriculum requirements or transfer equivalents
- Successfully pass a criminal background check (completed annually thereafter)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission