The Master of Science in Nursing with a Nurse Educator for Interprofessional Practice track is an online nurse educator degree from Auburn University at Montgomery. There is a continuing problem in healthcare due to health care personnel being unable to collaborate with those in other disciplines. By not being able to use a team-based approach, there are medical errors and problems with care delivery which lead to adverse outcomes; this degree seeks to remedy these issues for future nurses!
Through this Interprofessional Practice track in nurse education, nurses learn to use a team-based approach to patient care, working collaboratively to deliver the best patient care using the knowledge of co-workers in other disciplines. The curriculum is designed to hep nurses learn a new way to care for patients with the use of:
- Interprofessional communication
- Effective team dynamics with other disciplines using relationship-building principles
- Understanding your roles and responsibilities along with those of other team members
- Developing mutual respect and shared values with teammates in patient care
Graduates of this degree are prepared to successfully sit for the certification exam.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Students will come to campus for intensive experiences such as orientation, evaluation, and simulation experiences.
- An unencumbered RN license