Assumption University offers an online bachelor’s degree in Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies. A certificate or concentration in Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling can be combined with this degree program. Graduates will meet educational requirements of CADC licensure and LADC certification for employment as an entry-level counselor.
Students in this online Human Services degree will complete courses focusing on psychological, cultural, societal, and family perspectives. A capstone course combines these various disciplines into a directed study designed by the student and completed under the supervision of a faculty member.
Core courses explore topics such as:
- Human development and disability across the lifespan
- Addiction etiology, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Medical aspects of disability
- Rehabilitation strategies and interventions
- Principles of case management
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official High School Transcript/GED Score