Epidemiology and the role of public health in community wellness are at the core of the MSN / Public Health degree program from Aspen University. This online RN to MSN program prepares students for nursing roles in public health, home health care, hospice and palliative care, school nursing, and case management.
The program includes an in-depth course on the pivotal role of school nurses. Students also examine outpatient care and ways the entire community collaborates for patient care. Graduates will have the knowledge and skills necessary to help solve public health and community health problems and the insight to drive positive change.
Students in this online nursing program learn how to:
- Meet the health needs of diverse populations
- Promote the health of families and communities
- Help reduce disease and illness through research and education
- Conduct community assessments, program planning, and policy development
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Aspen University is accredited by:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- An associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing, from an institution that is accredited by a CHEA recognized accrediting body or an international equivalent
- Current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
- A minimum of one year of nursing experience completed within the past five years.