Registered Nurses with a passion for sharing their knowledge can gain the skills and experience they need to teach others with this online RN to MSN program focusing on Nursing Education. Graduates can choose to work in a wide range of settings, including hospitals, universities, long term care facilities, community centers, and corporate and philanthropic organizations.
Students gain a comprehensive education grounded in nursing theory and research, as well as specialized skills in areas such as teaching strategies and curriculum development. Courses also cover practical knowledge of legal and ethical issues in healthcare. Graduates will be prepared for teaching roles with the foundations of student, patient, and staff instruction.
The curriculum prepares students to:
- Implement educational methods
- Evaluate and revise educational resources
- Measure learning outcomes
- Assess the health needs of diverse populations for educational purposes
- Utilize technology in teaching
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Aspen University is accredited by:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- An associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing, from an institution that is accredited by a CHEA recognized accrediting body or an international equivalent
- Current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
- A minimum of one year of nursing experience completed within the past five years.