Students of Aspen University’s Psychology & Addiction Counseling bachelor’s degree can graduate in less than three years with class start dates every two weeks. The online substance abuse counseling degree is meant to prepare students for careers in addiction counseling. Graduates will understand the concepts of psychology, sociology, and counseling theory.
The program includes core aspects of individual and family counseling such as healthcare ethics and the assessment, treatment, and prevention of substance abuse.
Course topics include:
- Substance abuse in educational settings
- Medical terminology
- Multicultural counseling theories
- Child development
- Social work as a profession
- High school diploma or equivalent
- All official transcripts
- Military documentation, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
Distance Education Accrediting Commission