ASU offers the online MSED in Early Childhood Education. This program focuses on the developmental and educational needs of young children and is designed for educators who already hold a teaching license. Students will gain a broad perspective on education that spans early childhood and the knowledge of best practices in this setting. Students will learn to create, select and use a variety of assessment and documentation tools in multiple early childhood settings.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Documenting Young Children's Learning and Development
- Perspectives on Professionalism in Education
- Technology as a Tool for Teaching
- Developmental Perspectives
- Teaching and Assessment
- Baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (4.0 scale) from an accredited institution
- Official transcript(s)
- A valid teaching certificate
- No record as a felon or sex offender
Note: This program does not lead to licensure.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission