The online Specialist in Educational Leadership in Gifted & Talented Director program is designed to provide educators with a deeper understanding and increased proficiency of the unique needs of gifted and talented students. Courses develop students’ abilities to lead staff in the identification, selection, placement, and development of gifted children. Graduates are able to direct the management and continuous improvement of gifted student programs.
- At least a 3.25 GPA in a master's degree from an accredited institution and program
- Baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (4.0 scale) from an accredited institution
- Official transcript(s)
- Two years of experience as a certified teacher of gifted, talented, and creative in an educational institution
- A current state-issued (GTC) teaching license.
- A written commitment from a GTC director or district level administrator who will serve as a mentor
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission