The online DNP degree program from Arkansas State University is practice-focused and prepares nursing leaders for the highest level of clinical nursing practice beyond the initial and master's preparation in the discipline. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Leadership, policy, and healthcare systems
- Healthcare finance
- Healthcare Informatics
- Principles of healthcare ethics and genetics
- Epidemiology and population health
- A Master’s degree in nursing from a CCNE, COA, or NLNAC accredited program.
- A minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- A current unencumbered APN license in the USA with national specialty certification as appropriate.
- Successfully completed a graduate-level statistics or biostatistics course with a grade of “B” or above.
- Submit curriculum vitae/have at least one (1) year experience (2000 hours) as an APN prior to application to the DNP program verified by employer.
- An essay.
- Three work reference forms completed.
- Satisfactory criminal background check through the School of Nursing.
- For primary language other than English TOEFL score of 83 on the preferred internet-based test, (IBT), 570 on the paper-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test.
- Program includes an on-campus emersion experience prior to the start of each semester.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission