Amridge’s master’s degree in Counseling online provides a foundation in psychology theory, scientific research, and clinical practice. Students learn different approaches and clinical techniques required to offer therapeutic services to individuals and groups. The online master’s in Counseling prepares students for licensure in their resident state, advanced studies, and to practice in a church setting, private practice, government agency, or community agency.
Students can take additional courses for a dual licensure in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy.
Graduates can expect to:
- Use major theories recognized by professional counselors
- Show sensitivity to cultural diversity needs of clients
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal, ethical, and professional issues in the practice of counseling
- Practice counseling through clinical training
- Identify systemic and environmental factors that affect human development, functioning, and behavior
- Evaluate the usefulness of various assessment tools in different situations
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)