Students of the MA in Marriage and Family Therapy learn different approaches and clinical techniques required for therapists working with individuals, couples, and families. A primary goal of this online MFT degree is to prepare students for licensure in Marriage and Family Therapy in their home state.
Graduates of the MFT online will be prepared to do therapy in a church setting, private practice, government agency, or community agency.
The coursework teaches students to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in therapy in various settings
- Prepare for licensure in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Practice therapy through clinical training
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Show sensitivity to cultural diversity needs of clients
- Be prepared to advance to the Ph.D program in Family Therapy
- Official transcripts
- A bachelor’s degree is required
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges