Be a nutritional advocate with an online Master of Science in Nutrition Education. Leave a legacy within your community! The online Master of Science (M.S.) in Nutrition Education from American University gives you the advanced knowledge and skills to help positively affect the lives of others through nutritional awareness, community programs and ongoing education. The curriculum combines nutrition science and behavioral change, and includes:
- Nutrition and nutrition education interventions
- Biological, psychological, development of the human being
- Professional responsibilities and skills as a nutrition educator
Graduates obtain advanced credentials to help secure a position in a variety of settings, including health care and education.
Continue on Your Path for Certification
This program provides a stepping stone to the Certified Nutrition Specialist® ™ credential. Additional coursework in clinical nutrition, bio/life sciences, and biochemistry, beyond what is included in this program, as well as supervised practice experience, are necessary for CNS® eligibility.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate work is recommended
- Statement of purpose
- Phone Interview
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE waivers for eligible for students who obtained a 3.5 or above in your last 60 credit hours of undergrad, or a 3.2 or above in a previous Master's degree
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education