American University’s online Master of Science in Healthcare Management builds a unique skillset that is highly sought in health systems management organizations within the public, private and nonprofit sectors. The online program emphasizes management, decision making, data analytic skills and analytical reasoning, and communication skills relevant for those looking to enter mid- and senior-level healthcare management positions, internal/external and independent healthcare consulting, and healthcare policy analysts and advisor positions in private and public sectors.
Career advancers will be able to take an analytical approach to identifying efficient and effective solutions for healthcare management organizations through the rapidly changing healthcare environment and as they increasingly rely upon technology to improve the quality and efficiency of care delivery.
American University’s Master’s in Healthcare Management curriculum is specifically aligned with the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) and Healthcare Leadership Alliance (HLA) standards.
American University prepares you for a successful healthcare career:
- Program-director advising and coaching
- Access to American University's Adult Career Coaching Center (ACCC)
- Membership to the AOA Student Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Curricular emphasis on decision making, communication/presentation skills and data analytic skills and analytical reasoning are particularly relevant for mid- and senior-level healthcare management positions, internal/external and independent healthcare consulting and healthcare policy analysts.
- Phone Interview with Admissions Advisor
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation, which may be from former professors as well as current or former employers
- Transcripts from previous undergraduate and relevant graduate coursework
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education