American University's online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation will equip you with the skills to design and implement program-based M&E, positioning you to advance within your current organization or to enter the field with skills that are in demand. The certificate coursework includes the qualitative and quantitative skills needed to assess projects and programs within the social impact sector. After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Comprehend and create a Logical Framework (Logframe or Results Framework) for improving the planning, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
- Assess monitoring plans, performance evaluation designs, impact evaluation designs, and /or Evaluation Statements of Work (SOW).
- Examine and demonstrate the use of qualitative and/or quantitative tools used to collect data for formative and summative evaluations.
- Appreciate the role of governance, both of self and others, in data and project evaluation.
- A completed application
- Phone Interview with Admissions Advisor
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation, which may be from former professors as well as current or former employers
- Transcripts from previous undergraduate and relevant graduate coursework
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education