Learn the essentials of front-office and behind-the-scenes operations related to food service management with an online Certificate in Restaurant Operations from APU. Graduates can pursue positions such as food service manager or restaurant owner or employee.
Classes explain proper food safety and sanitation procedures to meet industry standards and government regulations. Students in this hospitality management program will learn managerial techniques to support the goals of a restaurant. Graduates will be able to interpret financial data in a food service environment.
Students can choose courses to customize the curriculum to their professional needs. Class topics available include:
- Food and beverage management
- Quantity food preparation
- Hotel and restaurant purchasing
- Hotel and restaurant law
- Principles of cost control in food service operations
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits).
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission